Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A LITTLE PEACE AND QUIET

Jake and I took a little getaway to Cali this last weekend and if it weren't for my sweet, adorable 3 little kiddos back at home I probably would not have come back! And if it weren't for my awesome sister-in-law and brother-in-law we would not have been able to go. So thanks Krystal and Jason, you guys are the best! We stayed in the Pacific Terrace hotel right off Pacific Beach and man-o-man it was fantastic! When we got there they had double booked our room so we had to stay in a non-ocean view room for one night but they then hooked us up with a Presidential Sweet overlooking the ocean! It was absolutely gorgeous!!

(Jake made me take this picture!! :) I love you babe! Thanks for a great weekend!

Life couldn't not get any better!


We could not go to San Diego and not see the, ever so beautiful, San Diego Temple!!
This is what Jake was to me all weekend! He let me spend whatever I wanted. ( To bad all we bought was food! I know, lame, but it was so stinkin' good!)

Here we are eating breakfast at a fun little joint by our Hotel.


Ok, I could have stayed here and watched this guy all day. Watching the people walk by him and yell at the top of their lungs when he moved toward them was extremely entertaining.


Of course he had to ride the roller coaster. I am pretty proud of myself that I was able to capture this picture :)

Our last afternoon, we had some time to kill so we walked around Mission Beach and we stumbled across this awesome pizza joint with monstrously huge pizza slices. If you look closely it is almost twice the size of the plate and it was one of those Costco plates and those are not small.

And yes, I did eat the whole thing!!!

THE END!



9 comments:

Mary said...

Looks like a great time. I'm jealous!

Stacy said...

Oh man I know I have only been a mom for a month, but man does a little trip like that sound fabulous. I am glad you guys had such a relaxing wonderful time!!

p.s also yester I put Eli in the outfit you gave us...oh my goodness he was too cute in it. thanks again.

Caryn said...

How fun is that? Even though I got away for a weekend alone, I need to go somewhere with my hubby so he an relax kid-less too.

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

are you kidding me? There's nothing more fun than a beached vaca with your hubby. BEAUTIFUL PICTURES of course. Love the hair, love the beach view, love the temple (which by the way my grandparents were temple presidents of that temple) fun or what...oh LOVE EVERYTHING! You were the highlight of my night last night. So fun running into you. Our girls WILL BE BEST FRIENDS. hahaha.
Watch out- i might be popping in sometime.

The Mortensen Family! said...

I wish I could get a fun trip like that with out kids! It looks like you guys had a BLAST!!! By the way your kids are so dang cute... they are growing up way to fast.

Lauren Howell said...

I think I've been to that pizza place before. Giant pieces of pizza. I love California. Its in my blood. I was born in good old San Diego. How fun for you and Jake!

Camille said...

Glad you had a great time! But we sure missed you guys this weekend at J's bday party! (I had to add that since Jake keeps thinking he wasn't invited.) lol

Kristen said...

k - that looks like way to much fun! after the start of this new school routine i need a vacation! I saw your girls at school the other day and they are seriously so cute!

Chandice said...

Looks like tons of fun! I need to start going to more games so I can visit with you more!