Wednesday, August 13, 2008

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!

WARNING: Picture Overload! Ok So I haven't had a lot of time to sit at the computer and post all of the fun things the Allen Family has done in the last week so you are lucky enough to enter into picture overload :)

Saturday was our version of "Allen Family Fun Day" (thanks Rasmussen's for the fun idea). We started out with a yummy breakfast at the, ever so popular, Wild berry Dinner!! No, seriously, we wanted to try something different so we just drove down Main Street and pulled into the first place we saw. The food and service was delicious and a little shout out to our waitress who was, no joke, 90 years old! We actually really liked her but apparently the owners of the place were not impressed with her that day. She totally got yelled at in front everybody because she was not greeting the newcomers at the door. Poor lady :(

(Dani did not join us for breakfast b/c she had a B-day party)


Jake was not very happy with me when I took this picture! Ha!
If you look closely at Madi's cheeks you can see that she has taken way too big of a bite.
Kash is just happy that he finally got to eat breakfast!


Ok so after breakfast we took the kids swimming at my in-laws, after we drove around for an hour to all, yes all, of the junior high pools realizing the none of them were open! I didn't take any pictures of that event. You're welcome for sparing you the sight of us in our bathing suits.

We then took the kids to Peter Piper Pizza for lunch and games. They really do have fantastic pizza.

This picture is kind of dark but I couldn't resist!



Like Father, Like Daughter.
This dumb hammer thing was so heavy he could hardly pick it up.

After that we went to see Nim's Island at the dollar theatre (sorry not pics again) and that was the finale of our fun last day of summer.

Later that night I took the kids to get haircuts from their GREATEST AUNT KRYSTAL, who is a hair genius!

Dani has been begging me for about 2 months to cut a short hair cut so we bit the bullet and........


Tadaa!!!
Isn't it adorable?! We actually ended up taking it a little shorter in the back a few days ago so it's even shorter than this pic and she absolutely loves it! She asked me right after she was done, "Mom, it's not going to grow back is it?" Thanks Krystal!

We have a tradition that the day before school starts we put on a fashion show of their new school clothes! They look forward to this all summer, they're such girls :)

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR MADI AND DANI!
Kash would not get out of the picture!



On Tuesday my baby had his first day of Play School! Can you believe it?! He goes 3 days a week to Miss Kelli's ( who is fabulous by the way) and he loves it! Although he did not love getting his picture taken for his first day, the little stinker.


When I got him out of the car he didn't even look back! I don't even think a missed me!


THE END!


7 comments:

Caryn said...

First of all I LOVE Dani's hair, nect I can not believe how old Madi is and third, can I send Berk to Miss Kelli's? He is driving me nuts.

I love the fashion show idea...

Mary said...

Cute, cute post. Don't ever worry about too many pictures. And the idea of a model show to show off new school clothes is awesome. BTW, we LOVE the PB. YUM. I need to order some.

Amber said...

I am in LOVE with Dani's hair!! That is the cutest haircut ever. Please tell me you don't have to flat iron it everyday... and why did our family not make it to the "Family Fun Day", come on, an unexpected rendesvous at Peter Piper totally had to make your day even funner!!! I told Cam that I didn't really care what I looked like because, "who am I going to see?" and of course, cute Megan is who I see... lame!

Amber

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

I have looked over this post like 3 times and I guess never commented. DAni's hair cut is SOOOO STINKIN CUTE. I wish I could do Tay's like that. And are you kidding me with your little man all wanting to be grown up??
Okay I'm glad I'm not the only one that worships my make up. Serioulsy, I'M STILL WITH OUT and I am even throwing a party tomorrow. If you knew how many things were priority before going out and buying all brand new make up then you would realize how horrible this is for me!! Looks like you can relate. I'm glad i'm not alone here.
Your kids are to die for Megan.

Mel said...

Dani's haircut is so adorable. I wish Blayke would grow some hair! LOL And how cute is Kash going to school!! Melissa

laurakrummenacher said...

I kept looking over at Dani all during primary because she is so adorable. Such cute kids!

Rhonda said...

Love Dani's new coif!! So cute! Looks like you guys have been busy. How fun for them! It was fun seeing you last night! When I have this baby, I'm coming to you for some hot body motivation. You look awesome!