Monday, December 7, 2009

AM I REALLY THAT OLD?

My sweet Madi Bear celebrated her 9th, yes I said 9th, Birthday on Saturday. Madi is such a special girl. She definitely came to me first for a reason. She is such a good helper and she seems to have a special intuition to know when her crazy mom needs help. She is tender hearted and people flock to her because of her genuinely sweet and fun personality. I love this girl!

We don't do big Birthday parties every year so this time she got to invite 2 friends to a Girl's Night Out. We took them to dinner and a movie. She chose to see A Christmas Carol and wanted to sit by herself, not by her embarrassing parents. We had heard that this movie was a little scary so the best we could do was to sit right behind them just in case. They made it through the whole movie but within the first 5 minutes the arm rest went up and they scooted in close and all had their arms around each other.

Here they are walking into the movie singing, "Bad Girls, Bad Girls What you gonna do? What you gonna do when they come for you?"
Strikin' a pose in their sweet 3-D glasses. You do not want to mess with these "Bad Girls".

Following the movie we went to Red Robin to enjoy some fabulous food and open a few presents.


You can really see her fun personality in this picture:)


We opened her family presents the morning of her birthday. Dani had been talking about her present for her for days. This purse that she is holding up is a purse that Dani has had for a while and it is her all time favorite possession and she chose to give it her older sister. Do I have the best children or what?!




I promise you my Madi will work with animals in one way or another when she is older. We call her the animal whisperer. She has got a way with animals, they just love her. She opened this huge horse and just about had a heart attack.





Last night we were able to celebrate with my family and enjoy her favorite Texas Sheet Cake with some of her favorite people.


Madisen, I love you! I am so thankful for you and all that you bring to my life! You are such a light in all of our lives. Hope you had a great Birthday!





5 comments:

Rhonda said...

I can't believe she's 9 already! What fun way to celebrate her "small" Birthday. Who doesn't love a girls' night out?
Happy (belated) Birthday Madi!!!!

laurakrummenacher said...

Happy Birthday Madi! I am so proud of Dani for giving up her most prized possession! You have such sweet girls!

Camille said...

Your girls are SOO darling! And that Dani made me cry with her gift. What a sweetie.

Heather said...

Wow! 9? That's out of control. And no. We are not that old. :) Congrats Mommy. Only one more year until double digits. She's a doll!

Caryn said...

Seriously it's been 9 years? Wow. Happy Birthday Miss Madi!