Saturday, March 28, 2009

YOU WILL BE MISSED

WOW! It has been a busy couple of weeks! We had a great spring break in Cali. Unfortunately while we were gone, our beloved Bompa passed away. Bompa is my husbands Granpa Curtis. He was the neatest man and my kids absolutely adored him, he was sooooo entertaining. Although we miss him dearly, he was so desperate to return to his Heavenly Father and his Sweetheart, Grananna, who passed away last May. So while we are sad that he is gone, knowing how happy he his right now really helps us all deal with the sadness.

While we were at the Burial Service we took the opportunity to go visit Aunt Susan (my sister-in-law) who passed away 4 months ago.

Bompa had developed a lot of the land in Mesa when he was a young man and was a very well known "Cowboy" so he was carried in to the site on a horse and buggy. It was such a neat service! I'm so glad my kids were able to see it.

SWEET KIDS!!!! GOTTA LOVE EM!


4 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about Bompa. I didn't know him extremely well, but saw him at some family things. I'm glad the service went well. Bringing his casket in on a horse & buggy was such a neat idea! I'm glad you had fun on your Cali trip!

BECKY said...

It was fun to see you guys.... I just wish we could have seen you sooner and under different circumstances! But I'm glad you guys had a great trip. Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Lauren Howell said...

Sorry to hear about your sad news. He was a great man. I thought about him not too long ago too. It looks like you had a great time in Cali though! See you at Bunco!

Amber said...

Mmm kay. We know you and Jake are too cool for us but we should hang some time, go ahead and think that over and get back to me!

Amber