Wednesday, March 4, 2009

RAGNAR......You don't scare me!!!

Well.....actually........you kinda do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok everyone, this might not be any big deal to you but actually participating and finishing the Ragnar Relay Race was a huge deal and accomplishment for myself. I've ran a marathon before and although it was very hard I have to say that this race was a lot harder for me to actually run in and complete. Now this was hard for me but I have to say that this was, by far, the funnest, neatest thing I've ever done! I absolutely loved it!!!!!


Here we are (the first van of 6) at the start line. If you're looking at this picture thinking, "Man, why does Megan look like she's gonna pee her pants or maybe even throw up?" Well, I was the lead off leg for our team and let me tell you I could hardly stand up in this picture (above) I was that nervous!

Me, Tiffany, Katie, and Amber along side the highway waiting to cheer on our awesome teammates!
This was at the last exchange. I have to tell you how amazing these people in this picture are. They all pushed themselves to their limits and when they wanted to quit they pushed even harder because we were a team. I was so lucky to be part of such a great team.


Just say Ahhhh was our team name. Here we are at the finish line.
This "one mile to go" mile marker was out at the last mile of each leg. You either loved this sign or you hated it. You either saw this sign and cried because you did it and you were almost there or you saw this sign and cried because you didn't think you could go any further and you weren't done yet!


Now, this is my Brother in law Greg. He was the last leg of the 2nd van so every time he was done he would pass off to me. Seeing this man get closer and closer to me was seriously the scariest thing ever. Every time I saw him I would think to myself, "Holy Cow, please just turn around and run the other way Greg, I can't do this!" But for some strange reason he would never turn around, dang it, he just kept on coming :)


Everyone who ran at night had to wear these, oh so fashionable head lamps and reflector vests. Aren't they HOT!!!???

I feel a void. I feel so lost with out something to do. I don't have anything to train for anymore. I don't know what to do. I loved it and I hope that I get to do again next year, and the next year and next!

8 comments:

Mel said...

Yeah! Good for you! I should train to for more then 2 min on the treadmill! LOL

laurakrummenacher said...

Great job Megan! Brent did it a few years ago and complained and complained about it but then talked about how he would love to do it again. I think it's a love/hate thing for everyone who does it.

Camille said...

That is so awesome! I am so proud of you. What a great accomplishment. And by the way, Happy birthday. I hope you liked the cake!

Caryn said...

That's awesome Megan! And Jake too! Way to go!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

AWWWHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! SORRY BUT I'M FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW MEGS!! YOU'RE GOING TO DIE BUT GUESS WHAT I JUST SIGNED UP FOR??/! YOU GUESSED IT! THE L.A. RAGNAR NEXT FREAKING MONTH!!! A GROUP OF US MVT GIRLS ARE DOING IT AND HOLLLLY COW I'M SOOOOO SCARED!!!! I JUST STARTED TRAINING THIS MORNING AND LET'S JUST SAY THAT AFTER 3 MILES I WAS HUFFIN AND PUFFIN...AM I SERIOUSLY SCREWED FOR COMMITTING TO THIS WHEN I ONLY HAVE 7 WEEKS OF TRAINING LEFT??? WE SOOO HAVE TO TALK!!!! When can we??
WAY TO GO GIRL!!! SERIOUSLY YOU ARE SO HARD CORE AND I REPEAT AS USUAL...THE CUTEST THING EVER. SEEERIOUSLY. Alright- the way you described your nervousness through out this post...pretty much summed up how i'm feeling right this very second. i feel like i need to have my running shoes on 24/7 now and any second i get to just hop on my treadmill...FREAKING OUT MEGS!!!
WAY TO GO I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT IT!!!

The Oborn Family said...

First of all, you are my hero. Someday, my goal is to be in as good as shape as you. Or as close to it as possible. I don't think a marathon is in my future, but I did a 1/2 marathon once and will do it again . . . eventually. We have the same family gene pool, so that's gotta be possible, right?? If you haven't figured it out, its your cousin Tamara. I came across a comment you made on Sunni's blog and am so excited to be able to peek in on you through blog. HOpe you don't mind.

Happy2Bme said...

I was so excited to see that you had done this! I'm getting ready for the RAGNAR in Utah in June and I've been freaking out about it. Do you have any advice? Especially things not to do? You're awesome! Congrats!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Megan- we are doing the Ragnar in LA, not Utah. Every Saturday morning we are meeting on Adobe (val) and doing our long jogs. We started this morning and 5 of us showed up. We are meeting at 6:30-feel free to come! I'M TOTALLY PUTTING YOU DOWN AS A SUB IN!!! I'll pass that along this Monday night at our first meeting. Who wouldn't want to run the coast from Dana Point to Santa Barbara?? DYINGGGG!