Saturday, March 7, 2009

JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS


Before I begin let me just say that I love my children more than life itself. I really do have the best kids in the whole wide world but yesterday was "just one of those days". One of those days where you feel like you have failed at everything in life. Where you feel like you have failed at being a homemaker, you have failed at being a mother, and, really, like you have failed at everything in general. My oldest thinks that you only go to school to play with your friends, and keeps getting in trouble. Forget about all that learning stuff, right? WRONG! My middle child decided that she wanted to forget that she was ever potty trained and had 2 accidents in 1day. She said she just "didn't feel like going." Is she serious?! My little booger decided he was in charge of himself yesterday and that he didn't have to do anything I told him to do and that he didn't have to follow any of the rules. Jake and I made a monumental mistake last night by deciding to take the kids to eat. We decided to try Fusion Pizza. Absolutely loved the, all organic, food but don't ever take your kids there unless they are angles. We noticed 2 DIFFERENT couples ask if they could move to a different table and I am absolutely positive it was because of our kids. (I really didn't think they were that bad but apparently they were. By that point in my day I think I was just oblivious) So when we got home everyone just went there separate ways and this is where I found myself, in my pantry.(above picture) This was my hiding spot. Yes I know that we had just gotten home from eating but once again it was "just one of those days". I pulled out the Junior Mints, Licorice, Hot Tamales, and Pirates Booty and went to town. I thought it was a good hiding place but apparently I chew too loud and Madi (my oldest) found me and snuck a picture of me. I didn't even know she knew how to use a stinkin' camera!

Well today has been a little better. Like I said, I love my children but I'm sure glad I have treats hidden in my pantry for days like those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Caryn said...

We all have those days dang it! Hope you don't get to sick from all that sugar!!!

Miss you we need to play, soon!

Jami Baker said...

Hey, at least you looked DANG CUTE eating all that! Your hair and shirt were so cute!! And yes, it seems like those days come with EVERYTHING not working out. But then you look back and wonder how you could ever be mad at them when are are angels. I just might hide some things in my pantry for days like that!!

sherry said...

If it makes you feel any better, I have asked to move away from a table of kids before even when the kids were good. It was when I had left my kids home with a babysitter after a bad day and didn't want to deal with anyone else's kids either. No matter how good they were. So the people that asked to move may have just been having one of those days too. And they didn't actually think your kids were bad. It is good to know skinny girls like you use food therapy too;)

Lauren Howell said...

Those days are smoothed away with junk food. It's a fact. My secret stash is in a drawer in my kitchen that my kids don't know exist. By the way, congrats on running in the ragnar relay too! You're amazing.

Jones Family said...

Been there done that! Next time you have one of those days, give me a call! I would love to join you in an eating frenzy! :)

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Girl...you KILL me. 1st- i'm addicted to hot tomales right now. they don't make my runs very easy.
second- aren't you glad days actually END? I mean..really. It's like we're blessed to have another chance at life on a daily basis! You're so freaking cute.
ps-where can i get me some arms like that? Walmart special? I'm a freaking cow right now Megan- just put on 10 pounds in 6 weeks ALL DUE TO SUGAR. help? I think i'm stopping by soon to see you, READY OR NOT...HERE I COME.

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

why do i love sugar so much?
I could be waisting away to nothing by now with all the running i'm doing. icecream sandwiches, and hot tomales are ruining my life right now!!!
by the way, bring your kids over tomorrow and let them swim and play!!

Rhonda said...

I LOVE you! That was awesome to see that somebody else has "one of those days"... Maybe I need a secret stash of goodies! No, not yet...gotta get skinny like you first!

Andréa Morrow said...

had fun hanging out.. hope you are having fun in cali and when justin commented to "suck it".. hope you knew that was a joke! anyways, I wasn't sure if you still wanted to borrow the trailer thing ;)

Camille said...

SOOO glad that I am not the only ones that has days like that. But it's starting to seem that I am "having one of those days" more and more often. :)

And btw, you are a great little mom!