Monday, April 7, 2008

What a weekend!!!!!

I have to start out by saying, I LOVE conference weekend! Saturday we watched the
morning session at the Allen's home and after my girl's planted tomato plants with the
Grandad. (A little shout out to Noel. The backyard looks fantastic!!!!) While they were
planting, Jake mowed the lawn and I enjoyed catching some ray's.



The little rascal's (Kaleb and Kash) cannot go out back without getting a "vroom-vroom"
ride!!!

Every conference Sunday my in-laws have a huge, delicious breakfast. I'm talkin' the
whole shabang! french toast, waffles, eggs, bacon, home-made buttermilk syrup, and new
this year, cinnamin syrup. Oh my goodness, it was so YUMMY!!!!! Thank you so much
Noel and Karen for always being so great and welcoming all of us crazy people into your
home. We love you!!!!

My girls could not get enough of all the beautiful babies there! I think they want a baby
sister. (no hard feelings Kash) (Madi's holding Hadley and Dani's holding Holly)



Dani got to feed Hadley all by herself! What a big girl. Thanks Krystal for letting Dani
get her baby fix so she will stop asking me to have another baby!




Does this face make anyone else nervous? This child has done way too many crazy things
for me to just let him do what he was thinking of doing next. (seriously, I didn't let him
continue because I really was afraid of what was coming) A concussion, a broken nose, and
4 day hospital stay have been enough for me. I'm afraid stitches are next and I didn't
really want to spend the second session of conference in Urgent Care!





Ok, this one makes me laugh! Madi was being a little too disruptive during the talks
so I got upset and sent her to time-out in the other room. She gets so mad at me when
I send her to time-out so she usually stomps her feet really loud or cries really loud or
something to that extent. But this time she was so mad she bit her pants as hard as she
could and her tooth came out. Way to turn a bad situation into a joyous one Madi!
Luv You!!




Nothin like listening to Grandad sing his silly made up songs at the end of the day!


I REALLY enjoyed conference this year. I enjoy it every year but this one was really
good for me. I have had a lot of personal trials these last 6 months and it just seemed
like every talk was so encouraging and so directed right to me! I miss President Hinckley
dearly but President Monson is sooooo great! My favorite was at the closing of his remarks
he says something like, " You pray for me, I'll pray for you and together we will make it."
What a neat man and how great is it to know that our Prophet is praying for each and
every one of us! Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did! LOL







5 comments:

Bridget and Dustin said...

Hi Jake and Megan

It looks like you had a fun Conference weekend. Noel and Karen's backyard looks beautiful. Dustin has been wanting to stop by and say hi to them forever. How is Noel's leg and foot doing? The family looks great.

Bridget and Dustin

Nina Olson said...

Hey there!! So, is bunco this thursday?

Stacy said...

I couldn't agree with you more. conference was amazing. Did you see the solem (sp?) assembly? I just kept thinking how cool that whole things was picturing everyone around the world doing this. WOW!! That Breakfast looks so yummy I wish I was there. I made breakfast for my family...tried something new and forgot an ingredience needless to say our breakfast wasn't so good.

Kristen said...

Hey! I found your blog :) Very cute! I was going to ask you if you had one - I'm putting you on my list! Maybe I will see you at the gym????

Aubree said...

Thanks for the comment. Of course I remember who you are...we were little puny sophomores in seminary and you guys were the super cool seniors. So funny! Your kids sure are cute. I actually saw Jake at Schroeder's house just the other day. I think you guys are in their ward and he is on the activities commitee with Chris' mom. Small world. You look awesome!