Monday, March 24, 2008

Do I cry or cheer?!

WOW! This week has been amazing for me. The first part of the week
we had some cousins from Alaska in town so the first few days
were spent just hangin' out at Nana and Grandad's
(Jake's parents) inside and out.

Jake would kill me if he knew I was posting this picture
but I wanted to post it to show you guys how much fun
it is to be married to this goofy guy! I love him to death.
There is never a dull moment!!!!
The kids were dancing and doing gymnastics in the family room
and Jake made the mistake of saying, " Wow guys, those cartwheels are
almost as good as mine."
Well, he asked for it. Shortly after his comment came a dare
so in this first picture he is stretching
( he was just being silly for the kids)
Kash looked at his daddy and thought to himself,
" That looks fun I want to hang upside down too."

The picture's kinda fuzzy but I have 2 words for you,
PERFECT 10!!!!!!!!!


Slade and Carissa's kids (our cousin's)
had never been to the Zoo so we ventured out there
on Tuesday and had a blast!
This was Kash's favorite part of the zoo.
He thought all of these goats were cows so for
5 minutes straight we heard MOOOOO.
He's so stinkin' cute!

Ok, there was no cooperation in this picture. Kash was too busy with the giraff's
and Dani was mad because she couldn't sit in the stroller and Madi thought she was
in a movie or something! She is such a poser! So funny!



"Mom, look how strong we are!'




My girls are very interesting. Dani is not affraid of anything. This is the slide
in Jake's parents backyard. It's so fun but it's pretty fast and Dani was
not affraid at all!
(remember, she's 4)
Ok, now this is Madisen, my 7 year old!! She on the other hand, is affraid of
everything! I told her she had to try the slide and she
flipped out, started screaming and ran for cover in Kash's
old swim toy. They are totally different but I think that's what
makes it so fun.

The last part of spring break Jake and I were able to go on the "Exodus" trek with the youth in our stake. It was honestly one of the neatest experiences in my life. The kids in our family and in our tribe were absolutly amazing. The world is getting scary but yet these kids were so strong in their testimony's. I learned alot from all of the youth up there and I will forever be greatful to them and strong spirit's and character!!!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!



These were all the girls in our tribe. They were all adorable and so fun!

(I have a picture of our entire tribe but it won't pull up so I'm going to post it later)






We missed all of the Easter parties on Saturday so sunday was pretty relaxed for us, which I am extremely greatful considering the fact that I have and ear infection and a sinus infection.
(Seriously, am a two year old or something?)


My dad is the best, he loves to give horsey rides to the kids and then
buck them off onto the couch. They love it!
And I quote, " Oh Crap!!!"


















15 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow! Nice cartwheel Jake! Sounds like you guys had a very eventful weekend. I am sorry to hear you are sick. Hopefully that doesn't last long. Kash is so cute in that picture of him stretching!!!

Michelle Randall said...

I love the cartwheel! That is so funny. You guys had a busy spring break. I bet your glad it's over though.

Amber said...

Megan! Hey, it's Amber Rohner... I can't WAIT to show Cam the picture of Jake doing some aerobics... he will love it!

Amber

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Wow Megan- WHAT A SPRING BREAK FOR YOU. They really had the treck be on the spring break week? I'm a little suprised- but I guess that is a good time. What an AMAZING experience for you.
CUTEST PICTURES OF YOUR KIDDIES. I'm glad you had fun at the zoo. It's funny b/c pictures in front of the giraffe are just about the only good shots you can get at that zoo. HAHAHA.
we need to play soon. i'm getting flower hungry. maybe this weekend i'll plant...

Unknown said...

Megan--I hope you don't mind me stalking your blog :) I just have to tell you how darling you are. Everytime I see you I want to copy your hair, ha ha--Okay, so now I'm sounding like a scary stalker, but really, you were awesome on the trek and such a strong wonderful example to those kids. Thanks for all you do. You are too cute.
Kristen Spuhler

Hiatt Family said...

It looks like you guys had an awesome week! Just so you know, Aaron said on the exodus that all of the guys in your family/tribe kept coming up to him and saying, "Your cousin is SO hot!!!" Ha ha. We missed you at the Easter Party but we won the egg toss because Jake wasn't there. :)

Caryn said...

How fun megan! I love all the photos! I totally spaced you would be on the Exodus! My nephew went and he had a great experience. I want to hear more about it and since he is a 15 yr old boy, maybe you can fill me in!

Oh and am I dumb, or is the slide in the Allen's backyard new, did it replace where the horses used to be?

Oh and thanks for NOT coming to the zoo with us, but going with someone else. Lame...

Joe and Laura said...

Megan is that Kash wearing a large belt buckle on that last picture, that is too cute. Where did you get it? He is growing so fast.

THE ROGERS FAMILY said...

Looks like a fun spring break! And the cartwheel is great!!!

Chad and Laura said...

Megan- K all I have to say is you are so cute! I miss seeing you at least once a month at bunko. Your fam is to fun. Next time we do girls night I am going to call you k.
Laura

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Helloooo! Kind of random here! I just wanted to say hi! I was so excited to come accross your blog, during my little blog stalking session! I don't know if you remember, but you and Jake came to our wedding a few months I think before you and he were married? I was in 6th ward with him. And then I think I met you one other time, at another wedding. Anyway! Totally excited to come across your blog and see your really darling family. I love the posts of the 10 cow wife, and Jake doing handstands. Obviously you guys are so great together! Anyway. I'll drop by from time to time.

Love, Aimee (Cutright) Teerlink

Kyle & Savannah said...

Jake is crazy as always! and I love your kids!

Krystal Allen Payne said...

I'm Glad you guys could have so much fun without me that weekend. But i know you were thinking of me in labor and stuff the entire time i wasn't there.

Birchall Family said...

HI! It's Summer (Mabry) Birchall! I was so excited when I just ran across your blog! You are so dang beautiful and your kids follow right in your footsteps! I am so glad you are doing great! I hope you don't mind I just was reading your whole blog!

Rhonda said...

That cartwheel is hilarious! Looks like you guys have been doing some fun stuff! Great pics! What a cool slide! Yazee would probably be all over it! She seems pretty fearless so far!