Saturday, December 6, 2008

“… the tests of life are tailored for our own best interests, and all will face the burdens best suited to their own mortal experience. In the end we will realize that God is merciful as well as just and that all the rules are fair. We can be reassured that our challenges will be the ones we needed, and conquering them will bring blessings we could have received in no other way. If we constantly focus only on the stones in our mortal path, we will almost surely miss the beautiful flower or cool stream provided by the loving Father who outlined our journey. Each day can bring more joy than sorrow when our mortal and spiritual eyes are open to God’s goodness. Joy in the gospel is not something that begins only in the next life. It is our privilege now, this very day. We must never allow our burdens to obscure our blessings. There will always be more blessings than burdens—even if some days it doesn’t seem so. Jesus said, “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” Enjoy those blessings right now. They are yours and always will be.”

My sweet Sister-in-law returned back to her Father in Heaven yesterday evening. This quote is how she lived her life to a T. I love her and will miss her dearly. I am a better person because of her and her example to me. And to my brother Justin, you are amazing! Or as Susan would put it AWESOME! I love you and more importantly, our Heavenly Father loves you and will be there with you during this heart wrenching experience.

Susan, you will be missed. I loved you then, I love you now, and I will love you forever!!!!!!!





SUSAN TURLEY
May 7, 1983-December 5, 2008


18 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so sorry--and on Madi's birhtday, too. Such gosh darn rotten luck. We're thinking of you and your sweet family--we love you guys. Loved the pics--she was so beautiful. Let me know if I can help any way...

Melanie said...

I am so sorry for your families loss. She was a beautiful girl. I know she will be missed. What a great example of strength she was, and your brother showed strength and courage like I cant believe. I cant imagine the pain is is going through. I pray you will all find peace and comfort through this.

The Burkinshaws said...

So sorry to hear about this. I hope that peace comes to all of you very soon!

Caryn said...

Megan I am so sorry! Hugs from me to all of you.

Pepper Lovin! said...

Megs I am sorry. I love the quote you posted. I hope it can bring you comfort and joy during this hard time. Call if you need anything!

Rach

The Earnest Family said...

I am so sorry about your loss. I think of Justin as a brother and my prayers and thoughts are with him and your family. If I could I would make Justin floppovers right now! Susan was such a beautiful person inside and out and she will be greatly missed. I hope you all can find peace. I Love You, Amber

Curick said...

We are so sorry for what you guys are going through. She seems like such an amazing person. We pray that the Spirit will be with you guys to help you through this time. I'm so glad for the Gospel and the great truths that we have to especially help in times like these.

Michelle Randall said...

sorry....that last comment was from us. I was logged in under the wrong name.

Jami Baker said...

Hey Megan, I hate hearing about these things. I love Justin so much! He was always so fun to hang with and always so positive. This is something you don't wish on anyone. I know he will get through these hard times, but may take some time. If you are looking for something to get Justin for Christmas....I have the perfect thing. There is a book written by Lance Richardson called THE MESSAGE. (you can get it at Deseret Book) It is amazing. I think your whole family and Susan's family NEED to read it. It will help all of you through this hard time. It's a very easy read and you can't put it down. It's about a man who dies and then comes back to life. He was told in the other life to write this book. You just have to read it. It could be a heplful and powerful healing tool for Justin and Susan's family.

Wish I was commenting on a more happier post. It's nice knowing we have the gospel in these hard times even though she will be greatly missed. She sounded like an amazing person.

Camille said...

Again I am at a loss of words. I know I talked to you about this--but I still can't find the words adequate to express how sorry I am for you. What a beautiful quote. I am going to pass that along to my family. She was so beautiful. How lucky you were to have her in your lives. Your family will always be in our hearts and prayers.

Camille said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Call Family said...

Megan, I just wanted to tell ya what a wonderful sister you are! I've been so touched by your blog. That quote is the best I've ever heard! Thanks for letting me get to know your beautiful sister! Love, Em

Rhonda said...

That was beautiful! I'm so sorry to here of her passing. You & your family are in my thoughts & prayers! Love ya.

Hiatt Family said...

Megan, we have been thinking about all of you & are so, so sorry. I really want to go to Susan's funeral tomorrow but I don't know if I can, because I am not feeling well. If I'm not able to go, just know that I really wanted to be there, to show you my support & to hear more about what a beautiful person Susan was. We love you guys.

Courtney Goodman said...

Megan, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Aubree said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. I heard about this through Heidi Steiner Mortensen and was wondering if Justin was your brother. We are thinking of you all!

Unknown said...

Hi there Megan it is Katie (Chapman) Tolman. I heard about the news from some freinds. I am so sorry for the loss. I was thinking the last time that I saw Justin and it was at Sam Hawkins Funeral. We are so lucky that we have the gospel in our lives to know of his plan. We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayer. It was so great to find your blog. Your family is adorable.

love
Katie Tolman

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Megan- I keep checking back here on you...you have been in my thoughts this past week. I hope, from the bottom of my heart, that all of your family is doing well through all of this. What a trial...hang in there. You're amazing!! LOVE YOU.