Monday, July 21, 2008

Oh ya! Camp Lomia Baby!!!

Oh yes! Camp Lomia once again!
This past week I had the wonderful opportunity to go to girl's camp at good old Camp Lomia. For some strange reason unknown to myself I was called to be the camp director for my ward. I wasn't too sure if they really knew what they were doing when they called me but, man, let me tell ya it was definitely in my top 5 best experiences in my life!!! We are part of such a great stake and were really blessed to have great leaders on a stake level. There main goals were to find a way to make sure the girls had a great, fun time but also to make sure they were able to feel the spirit. And feel the Spirit we did! They prepared the best classes for these girls from family and education to word of wisdom and language. There were so much more but I know that if I write about all of them I will be here for hours! The Spirit was so strong up there and I know had a lot to do with all of the hard work and prayers of all the leaders up there!

We have the best group of girls in our ward! I love them so much! Our theme this year was "The Amazing Race.....Decisions Determine Destiny". Each ward was to choose a country to represent and the girls were given passports so they could go and visit all the countries while at camp. We were given "Race" challenges everyday to complete. I'm tellin' ya, this camp experience was "AMAZING"!!!!!

Here are my wonderful girls!!


We did a dance of Spain for our skit. The girls danced the Flamenco while the matador and bull had it out for each other. They all did so good and I am so proud of all of them.



I don't know how this happened but some how my name ended up on the board to go on the most difficult hike with the 3rd year girls. Thanks for carrying me when I got tired girls :)

Isn't this so fitting?! (Notice the name on the sign)
Oh ya, did I forget to mention that on the last day after I had spent 2 hours packing my car to go home, my car WOULD NOT START!!!!!!! We seriously tried everything. Nothing worked so I hitched a ride with 2 sweet sisters who are now my new best friends :) and when I got home my wonderful and patient husband who had just spent 5 days with our kids had to turn around and drive up to Camp Lomia and tow it home! What a life, huh?!


I feel so blessed to be able to spend so much time with the youth in our ward. Times are so scary out in the world right now and yet these girls are so strong! Stronger than I ever was! I'm so fortunate to have their good examples in my life. Love you all!!!



12 comments:

Unknown said...

you are seriously the cutest camp leader EVER!!! I'm so sorry about your car... hope it all worked out and it got fixed for you!!! thanks for all you do and your kind words, you seriously are the cutest!

Mary said...

Seriously, Megan, BEST camp leader ever. Thanks for putting so much time into making it such a great experience for the girls. You are so inspired--it is obvious. We love you.

Hermana Caitlin McGrath said...

ahaha thanks for the beautiful pictures. megan. i really appreciate it. ;) just wait until my pictures go on. JK!! ( i love you))

Smithfamily said...

I am so glad that there are such fun leaders up there for the girls of the stake. Your car is way to new to not be starting...

Val said...

Oh Megan!! I just love you soo much! Thanks for all that you do and Im so glad you were up there with us this year!

Mel said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time!!

Lauren Howell said...

good ol' Camp Lomia. It brings back so many fun memories. From the looks of your comments, it appears that you were the perfect Camp Leader. Nice work lady!

Unknown said...

I was so glad that I found your blog and was able to see some cute pictures of you all!

Becca said...

loved it!

Caryn said...

How fun. I know the girls loved having you as their camp director. I missed camp this year and I know I missed quality bonding with my girls! No fair. Sorry about your car!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

What a fun experience for you!! Working with the YW for 2 1/2 yrs was my favorite calling to this day. It's amazing how what President Hinckley said a while ago how there will be no middle ground. You will either be very strong, or you will be down in the gutter. The youth are a PERFECT example of that. Seriously think of it...at least the youth that I know here in my ward- they're either amazing or they are on a terrible path.

nothingnothing said...

Camp was awsome thank you sister allen. love ya