Monday, May 5, 2008

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

First off, I have to tell you all how much I love my husband!!! He was nice enough to let me take a quick little trip to Utah to help his sister, Amber-the one having her 2nd set of twins, pack up her house because in the next month they will be.............wait for it..............MOVING TO AZ!!!!!!! I can't tell you enough how excited I am!!! I got to go for the weekend without my kids so I could really help and actually be productive. (mind you, the night before I left, Kash had a fever of 103! Jake your the best! I LUV YOU!!)

It was in the 90's the day I left so I wore a t-shirt and flip-flops. Then the plane's captain comes on the intercom and gives us the final descent announcement and goes on to relay the weather and all the sudden I hear him say, "It's a chilly 34 degrees out there in Salt Lake City." I am not lying, everybody around me looked at me and laughed! I think I am the only one that was stupid enough not to check the weather report before leaving! Let's just say I froze my little patoshie off waiting those long 10 minutes outside!!!!




We wasted no time. Right when we arrived back at Amber's we dove right in and started working. We packed up all of her kids rooms, the guest room, her closet and the bathroom. She has the cutest little girl, Ellie Faye, so of course she's got drawers and drawers full of bows, flower clips, ribbon, you name it--she's got it. Let's just say, this is what happens when you try to be the "fun aunt"..... (Thanks Cam, I really did love the hair do! Luv you Cam!!!!)
My last day there I bought the kids doughnuts and milk for breakfast. This is where Chase decided to enjoy his breakfast. ..........Oh to be a kid again.....

After filling their bellies with sugar and milk they all went and played in their soccer games. I was soooo jealous that they got to work off their breakfast and all I did was sit on my butt and let the 3, yes I said 3, doughnuts and the huge glass of milk I had just settle right into my gut!!! Oh well, these kids are well worth it!!!!
This one, kicking the ball is Ellie Faye. She did so good. She scored a whopping 4 goals that game! (but if you ask her it was 6 goals)



Then it was off to Cameron and Jackson's soccer game.(Cam is in the white shorts)
And this would be Jackson sitting on the ground. As you can see, they didn't completely fall in love with playing soccer. I think it's pretty safe to say that this will be there last season on the soccer field.



And then there was Chase's game. He was so excited that I was going to be able to watch his game. He told me that he was going to do his best just for me. Too bad his coach was a loser and decided to sit him out for the 1st and 3rd quarter! (he is one of the best one's on the team so they were trying to let some of the not so good one's have their time to shine) Chase you were awesome out there!!!! Luv you!!!!





Sunday I was home, and able to spend the day with my wonderful family!! Jake's sister was buzzing his hair so Kash had to jump on the band waggon and get himself a buzz too. This kid is so strange. He loves getting his hair cut. He sits so still and puts his head wherever he is told. Look at his expression on his face. He really was soooooo excited for it to finally be his turn in the chair! Thanks, Krystal, for the boys' new do.








6 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh what a sweet sister you are! I can't believe how cold it is in Utah. I am going there the 16th. It better warm up before then.

Mary said...

We are glad you're back.

Caryn said...

I am laughing that you just left a comment on my blog and while I was reading yours! ESP!

How fun they are moving back! My sister has to call every time it snows to tell me...

Lauren Howell said...

What a fun weekend. And seriously, doughnuts are my biggest downfall, they are too yummy! That's awesome that Amber is moving back to Arizona, I bet you guys are stoked.

SunGood said...

AHH what a fun little getaway!! You are such a nice aunt!!

Rhonda said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I heard Krispy Kreme is back, maybe that'd interest you?! I love that Kash likes to get his hair cut, it's pretty rare!