Monday, May 11, 2009

To All The Women In My Life

I just wanted to pay special tribute to all the wonderful women in my life. For some reason I have had a hard time celebrating Mother's Day for myself the last few years. I love reflecting on my Mom and my mother-in-law and how amazing they are but I just have a hard time celebrating my own motherhood. I often times feel like a failure. I feel like I could be doing so much more for my children but I don't. Now, make no mistake about it, I LOVE my children more than anything! I would give my life for them! They absolutely complete the puzzle of my life but I can't figure out what the heck I am doing wrong! I am so thankful for a Father in Heaven who believes in me and who has full confidence in me and my skills of being a mother. I know I am not perfect and that I'm not supposed to be. I hope and pray that I can be the mother that my kids want and need me to be to help them survive this crazy ever changing world.

Ok, on to the presents. Now that my kids are getting older the things they bring home from school and church are so much fun! This is what my Madi Bear typed up for me at school in computer lab:

Makes the best cookies
On summer she takes my swimming
The cakes she makes are the bomb
Helps me with my homework
Every day she makes us surprise breakfast
Right on time for gymnastics
Love, Madi

This was a questionnaire that my Dani May did in primary:

My mom's name is- Megan
She weighs- 30lbs
Her shoe size is- 20
Her favorite food is- fruits and vegetables
Her favorite thing to wear is- skirts and shirts
Her favorite tv show is- Nims Island
Her favorite thing to do with me is- pray with me
If I can give my mom anything in the world it would be- Mother's Day necklace

Are those not the best gifts ever?! These are definitely getting framed and hung on the wall!!! And now for the finale.............


My husband took the kids to Target and let them pick out a few things on their own. The Snuggie was the ultimate winner for them. Jake said that they couldn't stop giggling at the fact that they were giving me a Snuggie for Mother's Day :)

I had a great day yesterday. A big thank you to my hubby and kiddos. They are the gems in my life. They make me so happy and want to be better and what more could a struggling mother ask for?

5 comments:

Amber said...

A Snuggie? I am TOTALLY jealous!

Andréa Morrow said...

Megan! your a wonderful mother :)
hey..I'm having a boutique at my parents house saturday, on gilbert/mckellips..flyer is on my blog or you can email me dreadog7@gmail.com for flyer.. anyways, I hope you can make it and pass the word along on blog/emails..thanks so much!

Rhonda said...

HAHAHAHAHA... a snuggie? Are you serious! That's awesome! Your kiddos areso thoughtful! :)

Lyle and Jaime said...

Megan! Hey I just had to say hi and that your kids are so stinkin' cute! Keep in touch!
Jaime (Carlson)

Kristen said...

I'm crackin' up that you have a Snuggie! Make sure your hubby gets one too and you can high five at ball games in them :) Sorry, the commercial kills me everytime! Great gift though! Yay for summer! I saw your fam up at the softball tournament while you were at girls camp! They were seriously so cute in matching outfits and with their hair done! Jesse could not (or would not) have done that :)